How to Show or Hide Widget Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar
In this article, we will walk you through how to show or hide the Widgets icon from the Taskbar on any PC running Windows 11.
On Windows 11, there are several special Windows features icons that can’t be removed via the context menu like most apps or games that are pinned to the taskbar. Widgets icon is one of those icons that can only be shown or hidden via Taskbar settings.
To show or hide the Widgets icon on Windows 11 Taskbar, right-click anywhere on an empty area of the Taskbar, select Taskbar settings, expand the Taskbar items tab, and turn on or off the Widgets switch. Read on for a step-by-step guide.
How to Show/Hide the Widgets icon from Windows 11 Taskbar
To show/hide the Task View icon from Windows 11 Taskbar:
- Open “Taskbar settings”
First, right-click on an empty area on the Taskbar, and select “Taskbar settings” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can go to Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
- Expand the “Taskbar items” and look for the option named “Widgets”.
- Turn off the “Widgets” switch to remove the Widgets icon from the taskbar. In opposite, turn on the switch to show the Widgets icon on the taskbar.
Now the Widgets icon will be immediately removed or shown on the Taskbar depending on the switch you chose to turn on or off.
How to Open Windows 11 Widgets via Shortcut Key
If you want to access the Windows Search interface, you can use your keyboard by pressing both Windows + W keys. The Widgets interface will show up.
If you have any questions or problems with the steps detailed in this tutorial, please let me know in the comment below.
More Windows 11 Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips on how to use Windows 11, visit the following resources:
- How to Show or Hide Search Icon from Windows 11 Taskbar
- How to Enable or Disable Transparency Effects on Windows 11
- How to Change Taskbar Color on Windows 11
- How to Install Official Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 11
- How to Change Title Bars and Windows Borders Color on Windows 11
- How to Show Windows Essential Shortcuts on Start Next to the Power button on Windows 11
- How to Enable Windows 11 Touch Keyboard
- How to Sideload APK app on Windows 11 Subsystem for Android
- How to Change Windows 11 Taskbar Alignment
- How to Configure Remote Desktop on Windows 11