How to Show or Hide Task View Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar
In this article, we will walk you through how to show or hide the Task View icon from the Taskbar on any PC running Windows 11.
On Windows 11, there are several special Windows features icons that can’t be removed via the context menu like most apps or games that are pinned to the taskbar. Task View is one of those icons that can only be shown or hidden via Taskbar settings.
To show or hide the Task View icon on Windows 11 Taskbar, right-click anywhere on an empty area of the Taskbar, select Taskbar settings, expand the Taskbar items tab, and turn on or off the Task View switch. Read on for a step-by-step guide.
How to Show/Hide the Task View icon from Windows 11 Taskbar
To show/hide the Task View icon from Windows 11 Taskbar:
- Open “Taskbar settings”
First, right-click on an empty area on the Taskbar, and select “Taskbar settings” from the context menu. Alternatively, you can go to Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
- Expand the “Taskbar items” and look for the option named “Task view”.
- Turn off the “Task view” switch to remove the task view icon from the taskbar. In opposite, turn on the switch to show the Task view icon on the taskbar.
Now the Task view icon will be immediately removed or shown on the Taskbar depending on the switch you chose to turn on or off.
How to Open Windows 11 Task View via Shortcut Key
If you want to access the Windows Search interface, you can use your keyboard by pressing both Windows + S keys. The Task View interface will show up.
If you have any questions or problems with the steps detailed in this tutorial, please let me know in the comment below.
More Windows 11 Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips on how to use Windows 11, visit the following resources:
- How to Show or Hide Widget Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar
- How to Customize Windows 11 Start Layout
- How to Show or Hide Search Icon from Windows 11 Taskbar
- How to Download the Latest Windows 11 Insider ISO File
- How to Update Apps on Windows 11
- How to Show Windows Essential Shortcuts on Start Next to the Power button on Windows 11
- How to Enable or Disable Transparency Effects on Windows 11
- How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation with Fixes
- How to Change Windows 11 Taskbar Alignment
- How to Enable Windows 11 Virtual Touchpad