MacBook Pro 16” (2021) vs. Alienware X15 R1
Here is a side by side comparison between MacBook Pro 16” (2021) and Alienware X15 R1 specs including CPU, RAM, storage, battery, display, and more.
Please enter device name or part of it
MacBook Pro 16” (2021)
Please enter device name or part of it
Alienware X15 R1
|Key Features||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Availability||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Release Info||Available on June 1, 2021|
|Exterior||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
MacBook Pro 16” (2021)Alienware X15 R1
|Weight||5 - 5.2 lbs (2.27 - 2.36 kg)|
Space Gray Silver
|Keyboard and Trackpad||Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
|Display||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Size||16.2 Inches||15.6 Inches|
|Ports||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|MacBook Pro 16” (2021) Ports|
|Alienware X15 R1 Ports|
|Internal Specs||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
Geekbench 5 Single Core
MacBook Pro 16” (2021)1
Apple M1 Pro (10C, 16G)1,73799.43%2
Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G)1,747100.00%Alienware X15 R11
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H1,46683.92%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H1,43081.85%01,747
Geekbench 5 Multi Core
MacBook Pro 16” (2021)1
Apple M1 Pro (10C, 16G)11,98898.38%2
Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G)12,185100.00%Alienware X15 R11
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H7,90864.90%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H8,12166.65%012,185
16GB 32GB 64GBUnified Memory
512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB 8TBSSD
|Connectivity||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Wi-Fi||Rivet Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1675x |
Dual Band 2.4 GHz/5 GHz Up to 2400 Mbps WiFi 6 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Battery||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Size||100 Wh lithium‑polymer battery||87 WHr, 6-cell smart lithium-ion battery|
|Power Supply||140W USB‑C Power Adapter |
Charging up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes with included USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable.
|Software||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|OS||Shipped with macOS Monterey|
Windows 10 Home Windows 10 Pro
Upgradable to Windows 11
Photos iMovie GarageBand Pages Numbers Keynote Siri Safari Mail FaceTime Messages Maps News Stocks Home Voice Memos Notes Calendar Contacts Reminders Photo Booth Preview Music Podcasts TV Books App Store Time Machine Find My QuickTime Player
|Camera & Audio||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Camera||1080p FaceTime HD camera |
Advanced image signal processor with computational video.
|Misc||MacBook Pro 16” (2021)||Alienware X15 R1|
|Sensors||Touch ID sensor||Windows Hello IR Camera|
|In the box||-|
|Warranty||Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.||1 Year Hardware Service with Onsite/In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis|
MacBook Pro 16” (2021) vs. Alienware X15 R1: Comparison Review
Here is our comparison review between MacBook Pro 16” (2021) and Alienware X15 R1.
Apple has released the MacBook Pro 16” , a 16.2-inch machine, in late-2021. It is powered by up to a 10-core Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G). The laptop has an integrated graphics option up to Apple M1 Max iGPU (32 GPU Cores, 16 Neural Engine Cores).
On the other hand, we have the 15.6-inch Alienware X15 R1 was introduced by Dell around the same year in mid-2021. It comes with up to a octa-core Intel Core i9-11900H with a boost clock speed up to 4.90 GHz. It has a dedicated GPU option up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 with 8GB GDDR6 90W TGP.
The MacBook Pro 16” (2021) has a 16.2-inch display which is slightly larger than the 15.6-inch Alienware X15 R1. In addition, The MacBook Pro 16” (2021) weighs 4.7 lbs. about 6% lighter than the 5 lbs. Alienware X15 R1. Moreover, measured at 14.01” x 9.77” x 0.66”, the MacBook Pro 16” (2021) is slightly more portable than the Alienware X15 R1 at 14.16” x 10.915” x 0.626”.
Moving over to upgradability, Apple claims that the MacBook Pro 16” (2021) supports up to 64GB Unified memory. However, it has an onboard memory module that is not upgradable by the users.
For Alienware X15 R1, it supports up to 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 memory. Like MacBook Pro 16” (2021), it has an onboard memory module that is not upgradable by the users. Luckily, it has two M.2 slots that users can easily swap or add an extra SSD to get extra space when needed.
Here are some notable new features we found on the MacBook Pro 16” (2021).
- All-New MacBook Pro Design - the new design focus on functionality and performance. It has a larger chassis that provides more room for an advanced thermal system that can move 50 percent more air than the previous generation.
- New M1 Pro and M1 Max Chip - The new 16” MacBook Pro features the new M1 Pro, and M1 Max applies a system-on-a-chip (SoC) architecture. Both processors feature fast unified memory and increased memory bandwidth up to 400GB/s, 8-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, and with best-in-class performance per watt and industry-leading power efficiency.
- New Liquid Retina XDR with ProMotion Display - featuring mini-LED technology used in iPad Pro, the Liquid Retina XDR display delivers up to 1,000 nits of sustained, full-screen brightness, an incredible 1,600 nits of peak brightness, and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Better Battery Life - It delivers up to 21 hours of video playback, which is seven additional hours compared to the previous-generation MacBook Pro.
For Alienware X15 R1, there are also some outstanding new features that we want to point out as well including:
- Alienware Element 31 thermal interface material - made of a Gallium-Silicone matrix that delivers a 25% improvement in thermal resistance over the previous generation.
- Alienware’s Quad Fan Design - produces dedicated airflow using evacuative fans and dual opposite outlet fans. Moving this much air and managing heat enables this level of performance with this thin design.
- 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors - features the latest 11th Generation of Intel H-Series processors up to 8-Core Intel Core i9-11900H up to 4.90 GHz.
- GeForce RTX™ 30-series graphics - it now comes with the second generation of RTX™ technology that available in NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060, 3070, and up to RTX 3080 with 8GB of GDDR6.
- Nvidia G-Sync & Advanced Optimus Technology - Available on QHD 240Hz and FHD 360Hz display. While the ComfortView Plus, hardware-based low blue light technology available on all x15 configurations.
The Alienware X15 R1 also has some downsides that you might want to know, including:
- Non-upgradable memory
- No lock slot
- No Alienware Graphics Amplifier Port
Alienware X15 R1: Key Features
The Alienware x15 is the world’s most powerful sub-16mm gaming laptop. It is also among the first generation of X-series laptops and while they command an innovation-first prerogative, they are PC gaming masterpieces. Their evolved Legend industrial design makes them beautiful on the outside and the exclusive Alienware Cryo-tech™️ cooling technology is what makes the performance at this thinness a possibility. Any gamer looking for a high-performance gaming laptop that prioritizes design, mobility and wants reassurance of its thermal management needs to look no further. Behold the Alienware x15.
Alienware X15: Intro Video
Alienware X15: First Look
Popular Comparisons for MacBook Pro 16” (2021)
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for MacBook Pro 16” (2021):
Popular Comparisons for Alienware X15 R1
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for Alienware X15 R1:
Here are all Apple devices we’ve covered on our site:
Here are all Alienware devices we’ve covered on our site:
MacBook Pro 16” (2021) FAQs
Here are some related questions you might want to know about the MacBook Pro 16” (2021):
- What processors is in MacBook Pro 16” (2021)?
- What ports are on a MacBook Pro 16” (2021)?
- What is the weight and dimension of MacBook Pro 16” (2021)?
- What Wi-Fi and Bluetooth does MacBook Pro 16” (2021) have?
- What is the display size, resolution, and tech on MacBook Pro 16” (2021)?
- Can you add more RAM to a MacBook Pro 16” (2021)?