How to Customize Windows 11 Start Layout
In this article, we will walk you through how to change the Start menu layout mode on Windows 11 to have more pins or recommendations.
One of the most noticeable changes in Windows 11 from Windows 10 is its new refreshing look Start menu. It comes with three layout modes you can choose to balance between the number of application pins and the recommendations list.
To change Start menu layout on Windows 11, go to Start > Settings > Personalization > Start. Choose your favorite layout mode (more pins, default, or more recommendations) you want to apply to the Start menu. Read on for a step-by-step guide.
How to Change Windows 11 Start menu layout
To change layout mode for Windows 11 Start menu:
- Go to Start > Settings (Win + I) > Personalization.
- Go to Personalization > Start.
Now you have three layout modes that you can choose from:
- More pins – a layout that shows more app and game pins than recommended items. On a smaller screen, only the More button is shown so you can view the full recommendation list.
- Default – show a balanced number of app and game pins to the recommended items.
- More recommendations – show more recommended items than a number of app and game pins.
If you have any questions or problems with the steps detailed in this tutorial, please let me know in the comment below.
More Windows 11 Tips & Tricks
For more helpful tips on how to use Windows 11, visit the following resources:
- How to Install Official Telegram Desktop App on Windows 11
- How to Show or Hide Chat Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar
- How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation with Fixes
- How to Show or Hide Widget Icon on Windows 11 Taskbar
- How to Change Windows 11 Taskbar Alignment
- How to Change Title Bars and Windows Borders Color on Windows 11
- How to Change Power Mode on Windows 11
- How to Auto Hide Taskbar on Windows 11
- How to Enable Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account on Windows 11
- How to Enable or Disable Transparency Effects on Windows 11