Surface Laptop Studio vs. Dell XPS 15 9510
Here is a side by side comparison between Surface Laptop Studio and Dell XPS 15 9510 specs including CPU, RAM, storage, battery, display, and more.
Please enter device name or part of it
Surface Laptop Studio
Please enter device name or part of it
Dell XPS 15 9510
|Key Features||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Availability||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Release Info||Announced on May 11, 2021|
|Exterior||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
Surface Laptop StudioDell XPS 15 9510
|Dimensions||12.72” x 8.98” x 0.746” (323.28 mm x 228.32 mm x 18.94 mm)||13.57” x 9.06” x 0.71” (344.72 x 230.14 x 18 mm)|
Casing: Magnesium and Aluminum
|Keyboard and Trackpad|
|Display||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Size||14.4 Inches||15.6 Inches|
|Ports||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Surface Laptop Studio Ports|
|Dell XPS 15 9510 Ports|
|Internal Specs||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
Geekbench 5 Single Core
Surface Laptop Studio1
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11300H1,28687.72%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11370H1,39795.29%Dell XPS 15 95101
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400H1,32090.04%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H1,466100.00%3
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H1,43097.54%01,466
Geekbench 5 Multi Core
Surface Laptop Studio1
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11300H4,44154.69%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11370H4,86459.89%Dell XPS 15 95101
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400H5,59268.86%2
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-11800H7,90897.38%3
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H8,121100.00%08,121
16GB 32GB4267 MHz LPDDR4X RAM
4 GB 8 GB 16 GB 32 GB 64 GB3200 MHz Dual-channel DDR4 RAM.
2 x SODIMM slots.
256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB
Removable M.2 NVMe SSD
256 GB 512 GB 1 TB 2TB 4TB 8TBM.2 2230/2280 PCIe® 3x4 NVMe™ SSD, Up to 32 Gbps.
2 x M.2 2230/2280 PCIe® 3x4 NVMe™ slots.
|Connectivity||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax compatible.||Rivet Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650s |
Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz Up to 2400 Mbps WiFi 6 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth Wireless 5.1 technology||Bluetooth 5.1|
|Battery||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Software||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
Windows 10 Home Windows 10 Pro
Upgradable to Windows 11
|Camera & Audio||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|Misc||Surface Laptop Studio||Dell XPS 15 9510|
|In the box||-|
|Warranty||1 Year Premium Support|
|More||Supports Surface Dial
Supports off-screen interaction only.Hinge
Dynamic Woven Hinge made of woven fabric with embedded cables that can bend 180 degrees.
Surface Laptop Studio vs. Dell XPS 15 9510: Comparison Review
Here is our comparison review between Surface Laptop Studio and Dell XPS 15 9510.
Microsoft has released the Surface Laptop Studio, a 14.4-inch machine, in late-2021. It is powered by up to a quad-core Intel Core i7-11370H with a boost clock speed up to 4.80 GHz. The laptop has a dedicated GPU option up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti with 4GB GDDR6.
On the other hand, we have the 15.6-inch XPS 15 9510 was introduced by Dell around the same year in mid-2021. It comes with up to an octa-core Intel Core i9-11900H with a boost clock speed up to 4.90 GHz. It has a dedicated GPU option up to Nvidia Quadro RTX 3050Ti with 4GB GDDR6 45W TGP.
The Surface Laptop Studio has a 14.4-inch display which is slightly smaller than the 15.6-inch Dell XPS 15 9510. In addition, The Surface Laptop Studio weighs 3.83 lbs. about 10% lighter than the 4.22 lbs. Dell XPS 15 9510. Moreover, measured at 12.72” x 8.98” x 0.746”, the Surface Laptop Studio is slightly more portable than the Dell XPS 15 9510 at 13.57” x 9.06” x 0.71”.
There are a toal number of 4 ports and slots available on Surface Laptop Studio. That includes two Thunderbolt 4 ports, a Surface Connect+, and a headphone jack. With that said, it has two ports and slots fewer than the Dell XPS 15 9510 that has two Thunderbolt 4 ports, a lock slot, a USB-C port, a full-size SD card slot, and a headphone jack.
Moving over to upgradability, Microsoft claims that the Surface Laptop Studio supports up to 32GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4X memory. However, it has an onboard memory module that is not upgradable by the users. Fortunately, it comes with a single removable M.2 SSD slot that users can replace and upgrade in the future.
For Dell XPS 15 9510, it supports up to 64GB 3200 MHz DDR4 memory that you can upgrade with two memory module slots on the motherboard. It also has two M.2 slots that users can easily swap or add an extra SSD to get extra space when needed.
Here are some notable new features we found on the Surface Laptop Studio.
- New Surface Design - Another versatile design that allows switching between laptop mode, stage mode, and studio mode. The new design also packs all of its processing components in the base for a better cooling solution.
- 14.4” 120Hz PixelSense™ Flow Display - It offers a much smoother drawing and browsing experience, Dolby Vision® support, and adjustable brightness from 2 nits up to 500 nits.
- 11th Gen Intel® Tiger Lake H35 Processors - First for Surface uses a powerful 35W TDP processor with integrated Intel Iris Xe G7 graphics and up to 32GB of 4267 MHz LPDDR4x memory.
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Ti or A2000 Graphics - Experience the latest feature set from NVIDIA's 2nd gen RTX architecture for the best gaming experience, and to accelerate your design, animate, and render tasks.
- 2 x Thunderbolt™ 4 - Supports USB 4.0, 40Gbps transfer speed, DisplayPort, Power Delivery, Docking, and external GPU.
- Fully Supports Surface Slim Pen 2 - Surface Laptop Studio supports new tactile signals for natural inking feels and included slim pen storage with built-in wireless charging.
- Quad Omnisonic™ Speakers - First for Surface to include 4 speakers in a laptop that supports Dolby Atmos and Adaptive Equalization to deliver a rich spatial sound and best sound experience for different modes.
- Precision Haptic Touchpad - It's the largest touchpad for Surface that is super responsive and lets you click anywhere with customizable haptic feedback.
- More Up to 2TB SDD Supports DirectX 12 Ultimate Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.1 Fast Charging Preloaded with Windows 11
- No SDXC card slot
- No Full-size USB-A port
For Dell XPS 15 9510, there are also some outstanding new features that we want to point out as well including:
- New 16:10 OLED 3.5K Touch Display - On top of FHD+ and 4K UHD+, the new Dell XPS 15 comes with a new OLED display with a 16:10 aspect ratio, touch, Dolby Vision, HDR 500TB, 100000:1 contrast ratio, 400-nit brightness, Eyesafe, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6, and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut.
- 11th Gen Intel H-Series - The laptop is now powered by the latest 8-core 16-thread 11th Generation Intel ® Core™ processors with a Turbo Boost speed of up to 4.90GHz.
- Next-Generation Ray-Tracing Graphics - Featuring the new NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™️ 3050 and 3050 Ti with 4GB GDDR6 video memory to accelerates your favorite creative apps for greater performance and faster speed in video editing, graphic design, photography, and gaming.
- Faster DDR4 Memory - It now comes with the faster dual-channel 3200MHz DDR4 memory and can be configured up to 64GB.
Dell XPS 15 9510: Key Features
The new XPS 15 (9510) is the perfect balance of power and portability with an unrivaled immersive visual and sound experience. Whether you are streaming, editing photos, or creating your next masterpiece, the XPS 15 has the power to move your ideas into reality. A large color-accurate display in the smallest size in its class keeps you creating on the go, while the immersive sound rounds out the experience.
Engineered with best-in-class panel technology with enhanced contrast ratios, expanded color space, and pinpoint accurate resolution. Eyesafe® display technology reduces harmful blue light and maintains vivid color. The New 3.5k OLED display option provides even more vivid color with perfect black for significantly higher contrast; 100,000:1 contrast ratio & 100% DCI-P3 color gamut.
Perfect Balance of Size and Performance
Intensive creative projects with the latest 45W 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors up to i9 and next-gen graphics up to NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Ti. Up to 55W of power in an 18mm thin design. The smallest 15.6-inch performance class laptop is enabled by a stunning new 4-sided InfinityEdge display Enjoy a larger 16:10 display with an edge-to-edge view in a smaller form with an incredible 92.9% screen-to-body ratio.
The XPS 15 is precision-crafted from CNC machined aluminum, aerospace-inspired carbon fiber, and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 for a durable, lightweight design. The finest details are considered, and the essentials are elevated with a large display, keycaps, and touchpad.
Machined up-firing quad-speaker design and the first-ever 15-inch laptop featuring Waves Nx® 3D audio for speakers tuned by multi-Grammy Award® winning producer, Jack Joseph Puig deliver an immersive sound experience.
Popular Comparisons for Surface Laptop Studio
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for Surface Laptop Studio:
Popular Comparisons for Dell XPS 15 9510
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for Dell XPS 15 9510:
Microsoft Surface Family
Here are all Microsoft Surface devices we’ve covered on our site:
Dell XPS Family
Here are all Dell XPS devices we’ve covered on our site:
Surface Laptop Studio FAQs
Here are some related questions you might want to know about the Surface Laptop Studio:
- Can you add more RAM to a Surface Laptop Studio?
- Can you upgrade SSD storage on a Surface Laptop Studio?
- What processors is in Surface Laptop Studio?
- What is the display size, resolution, and tech on Surface Laptop Studio?
- What is the weight and dimension of Surface Laptop Studio?
- What Wi-Fi and Bluetooth does Surface Laptop Studio have?
- What ports are on a Surface Laptop Studio?
Best Accessories for Dell XPS Laptop
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your laptop's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Dell XPS laptop.
Ask questions or share your thought and experience about the comparison between Surface Laptop Studio and Dell XPS 15 9510.