M1 MacBook Pro 16” vs. 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16
Here is a side by side comparison between M1 MacBook Pro 16” and 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16 specs including CPU, RAM, storage, battery, display, and more.
Please enter device name or part of it
M1 MacBook Pro 16”
Please enter device name or part of it
2021 ROG Zephyrus M16
|Key Features||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Availability||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Release Info||Announced on May 11, 2021|
|Exterior||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
M1 MacBook Pro 16”2021 ROG Zephyrus M16
|Dimensions||13.98” x 9.57” x 0.78” - 0.88” (355 x 243 x 19.9 - 22.3 mm)|
|Weight||4.19 lbs (1.9 kg)|
Space Gray Silver
|Keyboard and Trackpad||Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
|Display||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Size||16.2 Inches||16 Inches|
|Info||16” WQXVGA 165Hz Display |
16:10 Aspect Ratio 2560 x 1600 IPS 165Hz refresh rate 3ms response time Patone Validated 100% DCI-P3
|Ports||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|M1 MacBook Pro 16” Ports|
|2021 ROG Zephyrus M16 Ports|
|Internal Specs||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
Geekbench 5 Single Core
M1 MacBook Pro 16”1
Apple M1 Pro (10C, 16G)1,73799.43%2
Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G)1,747100.00%2021 ROG Zephyrus M161
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H1,43081.85%01,747
Geekbench 5 Multi Core
M1 MacBook Pro 16”1
Apple M1 Pro (10C, 16G)11,98898.38%2
Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G)12,185100.00%2021 ROG Zephyrus M161
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900H8,12166.65%012,185
16GB 32GB 64GBUnified Memory
|Up to 48GB DDR4 3200MHz SDRAM |
1 x 16GB on-board memory and 1 x SO-DIMM slot up to 32GB of DDR4 SDRAM.
512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB 8TBSSD
|Connectivity||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Wi-Fi||Intel® Wi-Fi 6 with Gig+ performance (802.11ax)|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology||Bluetooth 5.2|
|Ethernet||-|| Gigabit LAN |
Speed: 10/100/1000 Mbps.
|Battery||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Size||100 Wh lithium‑polymer battery||90 Wh |
4-cell Li-ion battery
|Battery Life||Up to 10 hours |
|Power Supply||140W USB‑C Power Adapter |
Charging up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes with included USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable.
|Software||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|OS||Shipped with macOS Monterey||Windows 10 Pro|
Photos iMovie GarageBand Pages Numbers Keynote Siri Safari Mail FaceTime Messages Maps News Stocks Home Voice Memos Notes Calendar Contacts Reminders Photo Booth Preview Music Podcasts TV Books App Store Time Machine Find My QuickTime Player
Armoury Crate 1M Xbox Game Pass GameVisual Scenario Profiles
|Camera & Audio||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Camera||1080p FaceTime HD camera |
Advanced image signal processor with computational video.
|HD Front-facing camera |
720p (1280 x 720) camera.
|Misc||M1 MacBook Pro 16”||2021 ROG Zephyrus M16|
|Sensors||Touch ID sensor||Fingerprint sensor on power button|
|In the box||-|
|Warranty||Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.||-|
M1 MacBook Pro 16” vs. 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16: Comparison Review
Here is our comparison review between M1 MacBook Pro 16” and 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16.
Apple has released the M1 MacBook Pro 16”, a 16.2-inch machine, in late-2021. It is powered by up to 10-core Apple M1 Max (10C, 32G). The laptop has an integrated graphics option up to Apple M1 Max iGPU (32 GPU Cores, 16 Neural Engine Cores).
On the other hand, we have the 16-inch ROG Zephyrus M16 was introduced by ASUS around the same year in mid-2021. It comes with an octa-core Intel Core i9-11900H with a boost clock speed up to 4.90 GHz. It has a dedicated GPU option up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 with 8GB GDDR6 80W TGP.
The M1 MacBook Pro 16” has a 16.2-inch display which is quite similar size to the 16-inch 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16. In addition, the M1 MacBook Pro 16” weighs 4.7 lbs. about 12% heavier than the 4.19 lbs. 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16. Moreover, measured at 14.01” x 9.77” x 0.66”, the M1 MacBook Pro 16” is much more portable than the 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16 at 13.98” x 9.57” x 0.88”.
There are a toal number of 7 ports and slots available on M1 MacBook Pro 16”. That includes three Thunderbolt 4 ports, a MagSafe 3, a headphone jack, an HDMI port, and a full-size SD card slot. With that said, it has two ports and slots fewer than the 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16 that has a Thunderbolt 4 port, a USB-C port, two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, an RJ-45 port, a headphone jack, a microSD card slot, and a lock slot.
Moving over to upgradability, Apple claims that the M1 MacBook Pro 16” supports up to 64GB Unified memory. However, it has an onboard memory module that is not upgradable by the users. It also has soldered storage, and there are no M.2 slots for expansion.
For 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16, it supports up to 48GB 3200 MHz DDR4 memory. Like M1 MacBook Pro 16”, it has an onboard memory module that is not upgradable by the users. Luckily, it has two M.2 slots that users can easily swap or add an extra SSD to get extra space when needed.
Here are some notable new features we found on the M1 MacBook Pro 16”.
- All-New MacBook Pro Design - the new design focus on functionality and performance. It has a larger chassis that provides more room for an advanced thermal system that can move 50 percent more air than the previous generation.
- New M1 Pro and M1 Max Chip - The new 16” MacBook Pro features the new M1 Pro, and M1 Max applies a system-on-a-chip (SoC) architecture. Both processors feature fast unified memory and increased memory bandwidth up to 400GB/s, 8-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, and with best-in-class performance per watt and industry-leading power efficiency.
- New Liquid Retina XDR with ProMotion Display - featuring mini-LED technology used in iPad Pro, the Liquid Retina XDR display delivers up to 1,000 nits of sustained, full-screen brightness, an incredible 1,600 nits of peak brightness, and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Better Battery Life - It delivers up to 21 hours of video playback, which is seven additional hours compared to the previous-generation MacBook Pro.
For 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16, there are also some outstanding new features that we want to point out as well including:
- Intel Core i9-11900H and Nvidia RTX 3070 - features the latest and most powerful processors with up to 48GB of DDR4 RAM and up to 2TB of PCIe Gen 4 storage.
- New 16-inch Display - the first ROG Zephyrus M series features the new taller 16:10 16-inch display with 94% screen-to-body ratio, WQHD resolution, 165Hz/3ms adaptive sync, and 100% DCI-P3 ideal for gamers who also create.
- 180° Ergolift - Open up more viewing angles with the 180° ErgoLift hinge.
- Built-in Webcam - On top of the super-slim screen bezel, the new ROG Zephyrus laptop now included
- Better Charging Capability - Supports USB-C Charging up to 100W power delivery and Quick Charge from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes.
- Intelligent Cooling - features thermal grizzly liquid metal thermal compound, 84-blade Arc Flow fans, customized self-cleaning cooling 2.0, and comprehensive 6 heat pipes coverage.
2021 ROG Zephyrus M16: Key Features
Popular Comparisons for M1 MacBook Pro 16”
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for M1 MacBook Pro 16”:
Popular Comparisons for 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16
Here are the most frequently requested comparisons for 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16:
Here are all Apple devices we’ve covered on our site:
ASUS ROG Family
Here are all ASUS ROG devices we’ve covered on our site:
M1 MacBook Pro 16” FAQs
Here are some related questions you might want to know about the M1 MacBook Pro 16”:
- Can you add more RAM to a M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
- Can you upgrade SSD storage on a M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
- What processors is in M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
- What is the display size, resolution, and tech on M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
- What is the weight and dimension of M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
- What Wi-Fi and Bluetooth does M1 MacBook Pro 16” have?
- What ports are on a M1 MacBook Pro 16”?
Ask questions or share your thought and experience about the comparison between M1 MacBook Pro 16” and 2021 ROG Zephyrus M16.